View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 10:20 AM
wesing

My wife and I went to pick up 5 of our nieces and nephews for the week Friday night. On the way through Atlanta we stopped at the Scarlet Thread. We had seen their billboard on the interstate before, but were never through when they were open.

To say this is an awesome shop would be a HUGE understatement. If my wife and I were to open a quilt shop we would hope it would look something like this one. They had lots of bright colors and funky, retro-type patterns. They had tons of patterns and kits, a huge selection of threads, and the shop went on and on with different rooms of fabric and notions.

Since we had a van full of kids, we couldn't stay long, which was just as well. Everywhere we looked we saw something we'd love to use. As it was, we overspent, but justified it since we're technically "on vacation."

This stashing is an addiction!

Darren

These 5-packs were $30 each and came with a free pattern.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84997[/ATTACH]

The Christmas fabric matches nothing we have, but the teal is similar to one of my Grandmother's scraps I've been working on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84998[/ATTACH]

They had this quilt on the wall so the kit was irresistable.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84999[/ATTACH]

The threads will be to quilt nieces' and nephews' quilts. The fabrics are from Blank's Inspiration IV line
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85001[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-84992.jpe   attachment-84993.jpe   attachment-84994.jpe   attachment-84996.jpe