Old 06-13-2010, 05:43 PM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by pab58
Charlee: "On Christmas day last year her new owners came and picked her up...they were in love, and so was Abbi! This baby wasn't crazy about strangers, but she went right to the lady and wouldn't leave her alone! I felt good about sending her to her forever home... "

It was meant to be!! :wink: That was such a sweet story.

Pennyswings: How is the new baby today? Is he adjusting well? My little Gracie is making herself quite at home. It's just so cute to watch a little kitty explore. Everything and every sound is so new. Too cute for words. It's been so many years since I've even had a pet -- especially a cat. It's nice to have an additional to the fam.
Pab thanks for asking. Kallie Kat is adjusting just fine. Today I was sewing and he wanted to be right in the middle of my quilting. Then while I was oiling the sewing machine he was right there supervising the whole process.
He is a sweet, affectionate cat. He likes to talk to me and to purr a lot. He does not seem to have learned to play but we are working on that. He is finally gaining some weight and his stools are not as loose, in fact they are almost normal. He eats like a race horse!
I think I mentioned somewhere here that we use to have a Siamese. Her name was Mesha and we were blessed with her for over 16 years before she died, My DH was just so in love with her and he had a wicker basket custom made for her to sleep in during the winter days. He even brought a sheepskin pelt to line the basket so she would be warm and comfortable. She slept in the crook of his arm when he went to bed but during the day She loved to curl up in that basket. We have not had a cat since we lost her and that was 5 years ago.
Now Kallie Kat is sleeping in the basket and he has claimed it as his own. He is growing on my husband too.