View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 07:42 PM
montanablu

Madquilter, I'm with you! Just think what space we could save in our grocery stores if we only had 50-60 kinds of cereal instead of 200+!! Add to that all the detergents, soda pop, cookies...it never stops!
One quilt shop in my area has tens of thousands of bolts (seriously!) She has them 3 shelves high, with two rows on the floor & bolts stacked up horizontally on top of the front row. You have to see it to believe it. It's a large pole barn, so the rows are really long --- but my concern is fire safety. With the bolts two deep on the floor of both sides, the aisle is so narrow only one person can walk thro. It's SO MUCH fun to back up 50 feet to let someone 'out'!! As someone else said, unless you know exactly what you're looking for, do your sanity a favor & stay home! lol Who needs that kind of stress?? Quilting (& the shopping for it) is supposed to be fun & relaxing in my book.
Oh well... to each is own I guess. But I still wonder about the fire issue... how does she pass state inspection? does she know the fire marshall? are they related?...hmmm...