View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Granny Cat

Originally Posted by b.zang
Fat quarters are what brought me to this site. I was surfing and looking for what to do with them because my SIL had given me a package saying there should be enough to make quilt. I don't particularly like the fabrics but want to sew something (simple) so I can let her know that her gift was appreciated. Like you, I had no idea what to do with these chunks of fabric but through this site I learned that there are actually whole quilt patterns for them. Books full of 'em!
My FQs shrank when I pre-washed them so only one of the 20 was still 18x22. The rest ranged from there to about 15x19. Not one yielded the number of strips called for in the pattern.
The pattern is called "Wickedly Easy Quilts" and I found it through a link on this site at
http://www.byannie.com
After all this FQ research, I'm excited to start making quilts using them.

Thanks for the new website to check out ...I know what you mean I have had so many questions answered because of this board ...questions I thought were probably silly but I asked anyway and found I was not alone alot of folks had FQ's and had no idea what the heck to do with them....well now we can just make those pretty quilts can't we?...haha