View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 05:08 AM
justwannaquilt

Here is what I have found over the years washing stinky things. My mom ownes a laundry business need I say more?

Wash liquid/soap makes some smells WORSE. What I do is set the washer to small or medium load and let it fill up with COLD water, then dump in a fair amount of vinigar. Then add in your items to be washed. Let the water agitate a few seconds and check the items to make sure nothing is sticking out. if you still have room fill till full but nothing sticking out of the water. agitate again to make sure everything is down in the water. then let it set to soak. after it soaks awhile then run the rest of the cycle. Then you can run another normal cycle with washing detergent in the water.

Good luck. I agree that its crazy that the insurance wont pay for your fabric because you don't have a recipt. I asked my insurance guy the other day how I go about listing things for replacement he said take pictures of everything NOW and if something has jumped in price they will pay the NOW price for the item. So it doesn't matter what I paid for it then.