Old 06-14-2010, 07:30 AM
ginnie6

I swear I think I spend as much time tinkering with it as I do sewing! Its a Singer 15 clone...was badged Royal and it does a beautiful stitch. I put it in a treadle cabinet as the wiring going in the motor was dry rotted. I sewed on it yesterday. hemmed some curtains, put the final binding on a quilt no issues. Today I can't do anything. It won't make a stitch without breaking the thread. I've rethreaded top and bottom, tried different cloth. I've used this thread on it before with no problems. So here I sit trying to put binding on a mat cover I made for a get together I'm going to Friday. I also need to get 20 4p blocks done for this and since its a treadle gathering I NEED to make them on a treadle! grrr! okay after fiddling with it some more...it is not feeding fabric through it....feed dogs are up. I've noticed at times it seems to want to stop feeding fabric though.....Billy...help!

Edited to add: I am SUCH a dummie! Why do I forget that I have kids who just LOVE to touch and play with the machine? It was set to reverse sew! I guess I was holding the fabric....so all it was doing was breaking the thread.