View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Quilting Nonnie

Originally Posted by beachlady
My DH wonders if I am a quilter or just a collector of fabric!!! My goal this year is to finish his t-shirt quilt and other WIPs. But, I still get to buy fabric!!
I'm so lucky. My DH is a plastic modeler (builds WWII aircraft). He has taken up the entire wall of the garage housing part of his model kits, plus there are stacks and stacks, plus a huge shelving unit in his bedroom! He loves to pull out the kits and just fit pieces together and hold them together with rubber bands and think about the modifications he'll make.

When we married, I was counted cross stitch person. I had tons of patterns (which take up so little room, sigh). So I understood. I had no problem with his wanting to have certain models and bought them and didn't work on them.

His friends all envy him because I'm such a understanding wife! He has friends who will buy a model then hang it on a nail they've put on the inside of their fence. They walk in the house with nothing in their hands, but later when the wife isn't looking or isn't around, they sneak out and get the model and add it to their collection!

He never says anything about my buying fabric or taking a whole room for quilting! Ditto for me! Gotta love that guy!