View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 09:26 AM
DianD

We love meatloaf at our house so I thought I'd share a terrific way to make meatloaf with you!

Make your regular meatloaf mixture...everybody's is a bit different, but instead of making a loaf, pat the meat mixture out to about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick on waxed paper or plastic wrap, in a rectangle shape.
Spread the top with 1/4 to 1/3 cup of tomato sauce, then a layer of thin sliced pepperoni (I get 1/4 lb thinly sliced at the deli- sandwich pepperoni), next, a nice layer, about a cup, of shredded mozzerella cheese.
Now, sprinkle on a couple of handfuls of bread crumbs or cracker crumbs. This holds the cheese in when it melts!
Roll up from the narrow end, jelly-roll style - tuck everything in, place in your baking pan, top with sauce, and bake as usual.

I promise - if your family like pepperoni pizza, you will not have leftovers!! Serve with noodles and extra sauce!!! Yum, Yum, Yum...I promise!

Now, Please, share your favorite Meatloaf recipe. Is anyone else really creative with this "Tried and True" favorite?