View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Alu_Rathbone

I found the original recipe online and I just tweeked it just a bit. The recipe is simple.

What you will need:

A crock pot.

6 boneless chicken breast (cut into 2" pieces)

2 Onions (or 1 yellow onion)

2 cloves of garlic

9 oz Jar of Mango Chutney (I used a 12 oz jar, can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Pataks-Sweet-M...6551343&sr=8-7 )

2/3 cup water (cold)

1 TBSP Maharajah Curry Powder (found at Penzeys, 7.49 for the 1/4 cup jar http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...maharajah.html . You can use a different curry of your choice, McCormick Spices has a small container for about 5.50 a piece. Also, check your international food aisle. They may have a bag of curry powder for less.)

1/2 tsp Salt

2 tbsp Corn Starch (mix in the 2/3 cup water listed above first)

1/4 tbsp white pepper

2 Bell Peppers (Red, green, or yellow)

1 cup Frozen Peas

1. Combine Chicken, onions, and garlic in crockpot.

2. In medium bowl, combine Chutney, water, cornstarch, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix well. (If there are large lumps in the chutney, remove and chop).

3. Pour over chicken.

4. Cover and cook for 5 and 1/2 to 7 and 1/2 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked completely.

5. Turn the crock pot to high and add in chopped peppers and peas. Cook an extra 20-30 minutes or until veggies are tender.

This should come out a little sweet. If you would like it to be hot use Hot Mango Chutney. WARNING: If not using Maharajah Curry or Sweet Curry, do not use Hot Mango Chutney!

If you would like rice:

1/2 tsp Curry
1 Cup Rice
1 tbsp Butter
2 and 1/4 cup Cold water

1. saute curry in butter for 2 minutes.

2. Add rice and water.

3. Bring to boil.

4. Reduce heat and cover

5. Simmer for 18 minutes stirring occasionally.

ENJOY!

Will add a photo soon!