Thread: TWISTED SISTER
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 06:11 PM
kwiltkrazy

this a pattern for the twisted sister, I don't know where the pattern came from, my Grandmother taught it to me.
1) choose the size of block you want to end up with i.e. 12" so you would divide this in half and add 1/4" so your solid blocks would be 61/4". You can make this larger of smaller, I wouldn't go under 41/4" or larger than 101/4". You will need 4 of the solid squares per 2 blocks, you have to make atleast two blocks.
2) pick out various size strips to equal the size of your chosen solid block(61/4") plus a little more for seam allowances and a little fudge room.So I would make the strata come out after sewn to equal 7". you can use as many colors(strips) in this strata as you want, but I prefer to use atleast 3 but no more than 5. It looks good to vary the size of the strips. Iron well. I don't think it matters which way you press your seams, so I press them to the dark.
3)Draw a line from corner to corner on all four blocks, I also draw a 1/4 from the central line on both sides.

Solid block with lines drawn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85882[/ATTACH]

Strata made
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85883[/ATTACH]

Blocks pinned to strata
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85884[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85877.jpe   attachment-85878.jpe   attachment-85879.jpe