Old 06-15-2010, 05:22 AM
OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by montanaquilter
those all look so amazing together!! i need to put mine all together one of these days too!! I'm just missing 1.
Thanks, Lee. I wish the color was better in the pictures; it really doesn't do the blocks justice. I had sent out 32 pieces of a "wild & crazy" paisley with blues, oranges, teals, purples and pinks in it (and just a little bit of an acid-y green), and you really can't see the color well in the photos. The other 4 were a lovely paisley with golds, browns, and rosey colors and I am just missing one from those (I kept the 4th one). While I am still missing a few, I do have sufficient blocks to put into 2 quilts I think: one for myself and one for ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) research. I just need to determine which blocks I will be keeping for mine (I do know the first one I am keeping: Izzy's!).

I have thoroughly enjoyed this swap. It is amazing to see how even the least skilled among us have selected colors and patterns that come to life using just one focus fabric. I can see so much potential in all of the blocks I received. I know that my fabric selection was likely a stretch for some, but not everything I received was in my comfort zone, either! Stretching the creative brain is a good thing.

And now for some "housekeeping":
*Thanks to everyone who swapped with me.
*WineWoman, thanks for the tea you sent with my block! I enjoyed it last night (finally) while I was looking at my collection.
*For those of you who have not yet completed and returned my blocks, don't break an arm trying to get mine done. Finish it it good time and return; it will be loved and appreciated when it arrives.
*Daylily4u, please let me know if you need me to re-create another block for you. I have not heard if the Post Office has gotten their act together and delivered your block. I am happy to do so for you.

Finally, April (AND Izabella), thanks so much for bringing this swap to us. I have really enjoyed it. Izzy, I am so honored and blessed that I was the recipient of your first quilt block. It will always have a place of honor in my heart and in my home.

This swap has touched me in a lot of ways and I find myself truly blessed to have been a part of it with all of you.

TTFN,

Odessa