Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Pamela Artman

Hello everyone! I'm Pam and I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan with my husband of 5 years. I'm 57 (58 in a few weeks!) and I've been quilting since I made a baby quilt for my daughter 35 years ago! I didn't do much quilting when my kids were home, but have really become addicted in the last 10 years. Four years ago, I started teaching quilt classes and I love that! Now I'm starting a retreat "business". I hope to hold week-long private retreats for about 6 to 8 women in different resorts throughout the midwest, so if you're interested, give me a hollar! I love this site and spend way too much time on it! We're also busy refurbishing an old historic home, so a lot of my time is spent helping my husband hang drywall, mud, paint, etc. It's a huge undertaking and I often feel we have bitten off more than we can chew but it's coming along. I belong to a quilt guild, but I don't go every month because it's over an hour away and I hate to drive alone so I only go when my friend or daughter go with me. I'd like to go tonight because I want to stop at JoAnns and get a bolt of muslin that's on sale. I'm retired and I love to travel, so I'm always ready and willing to go anywhere quilt related if I can find someone to ride along and if the budget allows. And I'd love to meet other quilters!