Old 06-15-2010, 07:37 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
So far, I have purchased 14 machines off of Craig's List. All of them don't have any rust and mainly need to be cleaned up. My 3 most expensive ones are $2500 (2004 Bernina Artista 200 computerized embroidery machine, one treadle Jones Co. for $125 (just needs vacuuming) and a another electric machine for $125. All the others have been $100 or $60 or under $50. i have only asked a few to come down $10 and only one of those turned me down.

I shop other cities if I happen to be visiting someone there or are going through their city on my way someplace. Actually, that's not quite right... my hubby and I have traveled about 3 hours one way in order to buy a special machine 3x... actually they are all special. We make a day of it and have a really nice time together.

Hope this helps or encourages you.
After reading this I got to thinking about what I have tied up in my collection and you will crap on yourself when I tell you how much it is!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a total of $40!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

After flipping a few of them and selling the cabinets separate this is what I ended up having in the machines that I have. I have a couple of cabinets for sale now and after they sell I should break even!

Billy
Hmmm... but haven't you rescued rusted ones etc.? And maybe had to do much more work on them?

Actually, I am quite impressed! I'm just not doing something right but I am happy with my small collection. :-D

I have begun to not consider machines in above $60. Big change for me. Your wonderful teaching is rubbing off on me. THANKS!!!