View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 07:37 AM
barb12makeitsew

I'm in the same boat. I got laid off from work. Slightly depressed but looking forward to quilting. Then I got a phone call from my aunt asking that I come out and be with her during her final days. I spent almost all of last summer in Albq. being a care taker for my aunt who had cancer. I did a lot of quilting while there because she slept a lot. After she passed, I came home and suffered a herniated disk in my back, had surgery and could not sit at the machine. Plus, didn't feel like sewing or quilting because I missed my aunt. I finally got to feeling like getting back into it, and wham, two weeks ago was in a car accident. I spend time reading my email, quilt books and Nora Roberts. I'll get back to sewing soon - but it won't be soon enough. I had a great push by two quilting friends who said my aunt wouldn't want me just sitting around (as she was a fantastic sewer)to just get up and quilt. I did make a small tote bag and a little wristlet purse right before the accident. I just need to get in the sewing room again.