Thread: auction finds
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 09:00 AM
newquiltertoni

My stepdad goes to auctions all the time. I told him any time he goes if he sees anything to do with sewing or fabric to get it if it goes at a good price. Well last week he came home with his whole car loaded with this stuff. He got two tables worth of stuff for $1.oo a table can you believe that? There was two tables so this all cost $ 2.oo. There were 12 boxes in all. I was amazed when I went through it. It was musty smelling from where it was in someones attic but it has aired out a lot now. In 4 of those boxes were trash bags inside and in the bags were strips, squares, and every type of piece of material in every color and style you could imagine. There was also alot of polyester so I passed that all on to my sister in law. Don't like that stuff. I found patterns for old smock type tops and polyester pantsuits too that were priced at 25 cents from an old dime store we had years ago in our town. I got all I wanted and passed the rest between my sister in law and my friend from work. It was like Christmas for us all. I will show some pics later of some of the stuff I kept. I ended up with about a box and a half that I wanted. But alot of them were at least a yard to 3 yards each plus tons of pieces.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-45189.jpe   attachment-45190.jpe   attachment-45191.jpe