View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 09:12 AM
mpspeedy

Hi,

Guilty as charged. The first Bernina I bought was their first embroidery machine. I'll admit I have several thousand dollars tied up in embroidery cards. I joined Martha Pullen's embroidery club and amassed at least 4 years worth of her downloads. Of course that required the purchase of a Magic Box. Several years ago I traded my first Embroidery Machine for the next model that still uses the same embroidery format. I also purchased every kind of hoop that could possibly fit my machine as well as drawers full of various stabilizers etc. I won't even talk about thread. I found a lovely thread chest at a local antique shop and it is stuffed with threads divided into drawers by color. In addition I now have at least three large boxes full of the cone embroidery threads. I still prefer the seperate embroidery machine as it allows me to embroider while I sew on my regular machine or serger. I have hunderds of patterns I have yet to use and am always salivating over new ones. It is just as addictive as fabric collecting and takes up less room. I have not surcomed to the digitizing bug as none of my machines presently support that chore.

I had some disturbing news when I recently visited my Bernina dealer. She told me the life expectancy of my Bernina machines was 20 years. I sure hope she is wrong. I did have to replace the computer in my 1260 several years ago. Of course it was just past the warrenty.

I fear I am hooked on this hobby called sewing, quilting, embroidery by machine. I have no intentions of going to rehab.