Old 06-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
LACELADY wrote: Thank you for the nice welcome - I am holding off ordering the DVD/Book on servicing FW's until my new baby arrives, just in case it hasn't travelled well. I have to take my Bernina's way up into Northern Ireland to be serviced, and it's a long day trip - there is only one dealer in the whole of the Republic, and I wouldn't trust him with my machine after the fiasco the one and only time he had it in his hands.

I have a question about GoJo - can you tell me what it looks like? I have been told that the only one available here has the pumice in it, and I am wondering if something called Swarfega would be a good substitute. It's a green jell kind of hand cleaner that mechanics often use, and which gets rid of all the grease on their hands. Does anyone think I might be able to use this instead of Gojo to clean my old S&N machine please?
Leslie, yes, Swarfega should work as long as it doesn't have any pumice in it. Gojo is a hand cleaner used for the same reasons as Swarfega.

Thanks for reminding me... you are a Bernina owner also.[/quote]

That's great, Sew. I'll check before I buy some, but I don't think it has any pumice in it. As for Kerosene, that isn't a problem for me, my central heating is run on it, and I have 1000 litres in a tank in the garden!