Old 06-15-2010, 03:41 PM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Originally Posted by pennyswings
Update on Kallie Kat:
He is still as sweet as ever and getting use to his new home. However I may have to make another trip to the Vet. His special food is running low and the vet did not say to come back and get more or that he had to be on this food for good. So I started by mixing some Purina cat food for indoor cats with his digestive formula and the loose stools started again. So my husband and I have decided to order more of the special diet food (it is expensive) and he is going to discuss with the vet what to do long term if this continues. I am hoping that he does not have some feline disease but trying not to project that far ahead. I am sure if the loose stools continue that the Vet will want to run tests.
The special food should be in tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted.
My Finnigan had this problem (Avatar Cat). I don't know if you can get it in Argentina but try finding a cat food for hairballs. The extra fiber often helps firm up the stool. I had to try several foods to get Finnigan on track. The food that did the trick is Eagle Pack Indoor Multi cat formula. But during the trial and error we found another hairball formula that also worked. I can't remember what it was though. Maybe Iams I think. But I wasn't crazy about all the additives in Iams so got him on the Eagle Pack. He has a solid constitution now and I swear he lets his lion friends come over to use the litter box!

:lol:
Thank you for the headsup and I will have my DH mention this to the Vet when he goes to pick up the special diet.
High quality cat and dog foods tend to be very expensive here. It is only the past 2 or 3 years that they started selling Purina in the local supermarkets. I use to have to go to the vet to buy it before. I have not seen that food here. The vet has Kallie on Royal Canine digestive aid cat food, which is very expensive as I said. Eight ounces (more or less) is over $20.00USD here.
God I miss America!!