Thread: Organizing
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 03:55 PM
pieces

Mine are orgainized similar to yours. I have a notebook I write everything in. The name of the quilt, the date I started the quilt, who's pattern it is or where I found the pattern. I include information on the size of blocks, sashing, borders, etc. If the blocks are machine embroidered I put the design card the designs are from. If the quilt has a technique I haven't done, I write this in detail incase I want to dublicate it on another quilt. I put the measurements of the finished quilt and the longarm quilters name. At the bottom of the page I put who I gave the quilt too. What the occasion was, birth, Xmas, etc.
On the back of the page I put a picture of the finished quilt. If I designed the quilt top on graph paper I include that. Or if I have a picture of the quilt from a magazine I may include that as well.
Sometimes I also inlcude fabric samples. I am 3/4 of the way through my second notebook. Theres been several times I have referred back to a quilt for a specific tecnique I want to duplicate and was glad I had kept good notes.