View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 05:43 PM
kristananne

Hi everyone! My name is Kristan and I have decided to de-lurk and introduce myself. I've been reading this board for about a week now and check it like every 5 minutes to see if anyone has posted anything new. :)

I'm very new to quilting and sewing. I'm self taught, and pretty much rely on the internet (reading on here!) for learning as I go.

I love modern, bright, fresh fabrics and lots of white. I hate patterns (I'm not so good at following them).

I've only made pieced quilt tops so far. Well, I've tried to quilt a baby quilt, but it didn't work out and looks terrible (and it was SID...so what does that tell me about my "talent" - yikes). I have a feeling I'll be sending everything out to be quilted for quite some time.

I am a (soon-to-be) stay at home wife/mommy. We're expecting our first baby (boy!) at the end of August. I spend a lot of time with the sewing machine or at the LQS or JoAnn or Hobby Lobby because my husband travels a lot for work. In fact, we're moving to the city he travels to soon after the baby arrives.

We have a wild and crazy dog named Kosmo. He's an English Shepherd mixed with some other sort of herding dog (Border Collie maybe) that we rescued from the shelter. He likes to hang out under the table and catch all my snipped thread tails in his fur.

Well, I've rambled a lot! I'm gonna head over to the pictures section and show off the little WIPs (UFOs?) that I have going on over here. ;)

I can't wait to get to know everyone!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86500.jpe