View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:19 PM
quilting.addict

Originally Posted by buckeyed
Went to a craft store with DD and I found a book by Pat Sloan (don't know who she is), called I can't Believe I'm Quilting Beginners complete guide. I thought this would inspire to get going on my quilt and to quit thinking about what else I could make. I have sewn for years so that is not my problem. I was afraid I would make a messy project. Just need to get it going..Did I do the right thing to buy this book? :?:
I struck up a friendship with Pat Sloan last year. She lives in VA but came to a grand opening of LQS. We had been emailing for months and it was so much fun to meet her in person. I have never taken a class, but on her second day of her visit, she taught a tote bag class. Could I have made it on my own? Sure. Did I learn anything? Yup, how to bead and ink stamp fabric. Was it worth the money? Absolutely because I had such a good time!! I had no idea what a famous designer and author she was until I saw her display of fabrics, quilts, and books!! I bought her book on machine quilting that day. Until then, my machine quilting was limited to meandering. I read the whole book from cover to cover. THEN I sat down and did my next quilt. I made hearts, flowers, leaves, and vines in my quilting design to reflect the fabrics! I would never have had the courage to branch out without her book! My latest tote, since having her fun class!

red purple tote
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86557[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86552.jpe