View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Katia

I made several for my daughter. The addition of boning was a great thing. It made it easy to see what was going on with baby, but still staying modest. She loved them.

I also made her a bunch of nursing pads. I had flannel left over from a raggy quilt I had made so I used a cd as a pattern. The first ones I only used two layers of flannel, but for the second I used three layers. I just stacked them and then used a decorative zigzag around the edge. I tried several but decided the one that was kinda wavy or petal-y worked best. Then I took my small scissors and trimmed the edge. She said the petal edge worked great because it didn't show as much. She said that the cotton flannel felt so much better then the ones you can buy. Plus they were washable. I also made her a pretty diddy bag to put them in when she had to take them with. I made it from an Asian print so it would not look like what it was. Plus she could use it for something else later on. They did not take long to make or even a lot of fabric and would make a great addition to the nursing covers.