Old 06-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Oh Patti what a drag to HAVE to go shopping :XD: good luck

Luv, thank you, got a long ways to go thougH.

Lesley, however you managed to do this quilt in this time span I donīt know, I am in awe of you.

Elle
LOL, Elle, it was easy - I just did nothing else! I have a garden that's a mess, and the house isn't much better at the moment, though its a relief not to have tiny bits of paper/fabric all over the place. I really need to tidy up, but I reckon I can do that once it is backed, and all I need to do is stitch in the ditch round all my blocks. I got the first border on yesterday, and it seemed to go on well, but I'm not saying it was a success until I get the next one on, with a corner in place, as I'm winging this part because of the way I made everything. I made all the triangles the size of the ruler, and that was before I decided to put in 3/4in sashing, so I had to make the plain tris bigger. The software won't adjust for different sized tris (alternating), so I cut out paper shapes and stuck them together and so far, it seems to have worked. I'm just not sure if I will need to adjust a little bit when the first corner goes on.

Patti, you don't actually need to have a separate fabric for cornerstones, Jane didn't, did she? But don't let me stop you from going shopping!