Old 06-16-2010, 05:03 AM
JNCT14

Originally Posted by JNCT14
Originally Posted by JNCT14
I think the kit is just the pattern, the yardage, how many strips, etc. I would search the forum for Toadusa's website and info = it should give you details of what is in the kit.

I will start posting pictures tomorrow - I wanted to get the pieces cut first.
OK everyone - here are some pics of the work in progress. If this comes out as well as I think it will, I am going to enter it in the Connecticut Durham Fair in September. All 1100 pieces are cut and I have 25 blocks put together so I laid them out to see how the pattern was evolving. I even have the quilting pattern - I saw one from Karen Combs's book on Celtic Illusions that loooks like it might work for this quilt. My DD BETTER love it!!!!

:D
Here is some further progress. The quilt so far has 75 blocks pieced and after I get the rest done, I will start sewing the blocks together. I made one mistake (I was totally not paying attention) and sewed 16 strips to the wrong side of 16 blocks. Ripped those out and fixed and kept going. I grouped all the block strips into sets of 25. I found it takes about a 1/2 hour to sew 2 strips to each block. So basically if you only sew for a 1/2 hour a day, 5 days, you can have 100 blocks pieced in a month.

75 blocks so far!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86587[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86582.jpe