Old 06-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Sue Fish
Banned

Originally Posted by crleslie
My book club just read "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova. It was a fantastic book for discussion and we did just that. She is a new author and I am looking forward to reading more of her books. The topic was very disturbing, mainly because the character is around the same age as the 8 in our group (50)and at the same phase in her life as we are when she develops early onset Alzheimers.
I tend to buy my books, I love to pick them out, pay for them and OWN them! I know, weird, but I do love books. Also, our local library is sterile and cold, very modern. I didn't like it as a kid and I really don't like it as an adult.
Oh yes I liked Still Alice also...sad but good story
I am too much of a neat nick I guess...don't like things around once I am finished with them like paper back books and am lucky to have such a warm and inviting library so close to my home..but I know many many many love to have the books..it always amazed me just how many dozens and dozens and dozens I see at garage sales for $.50 each or less...nice deals for those who want them..