Old 06-16-2010, 07:03 AM
loves2quilt

Miss Madilyn was born June 12 coming in at 7 lb 12 oz. Ill see her this weekend and get pics then. This is the quilt I am working on for her. It from Fons and Porter 2006, cant remember what month. Pattern calls for machine applique, but I did it by hand. The side borders I appliqued the swag on also, one of the blocks still has the freezer paper attached, you can see it in the pic. The centers still have the freezer paper underneath and of course needs ironed. I have to make the corners yet. Each side border has 2 leaves and the centers that I still need to get put on, I started on one of them. The pattern called for buttons in the center of the leaves but I didnt want that for a baby quilt. This is my first applique that wasnt machine applique and I discovered I really like doing it by hand. Ive gotten alot better as I went, I can tell the ones I first did and Im faster at it now also. Hope you like it. And it will look better once I get the freezer paper out from behind and a good pressing. The colors are more true in the smaller pic than the big one.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86744.jpe   attachment-86745.jpe   attachment-86746.jpe