View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by Tiffany
Burnsk – beautiful! I love the kids ABC quilt. It looks like you’ve been having a lot of fun with your UFOs. Love the red toenails!! :lol:

I finally managed to take a picture of my May UFO. I'm still working on June's. This is just a wall hanging. I have taught the 'Half Yard Challenge' class that was shown on Fons & Porters several years ago. Basically, you take 5 half yard cuts of fabric, cut certain pieces from it, and design a quilt from there. So this is my own design. :-D I want to redo it in baby fabrics, adding a flying geese border around the entire edge to make it a tad bigger and usable for a baby.
OOOhhh - that sounds like the making of a tutorial. Can you share the directions and show us all how to make the cuts and put back together? I love your quilt and the way you laid out the colors. I can already see it in baby fabrics. Pretty.
A tutorial....um, maybe. Let me see what I can do, though it'll be a little bit. The only requirement, other than the 5 half yard cuts of fabric, is a ruler from Fon's & Porter. It is their Half & Quarter Square ruler. They run about $12 but you can use your coupon to Joann's and get them 40-50% off. :-D I just love my coupons!!!! I also really love this ruler. It makes things super easy, and anything that reduces the math I have to mess with is a winner with me. :thumbup:

Thanks Lyn. I understand about the computer. Mine is on the way out and I think it's holding it together on a prayer and hope. :roll: