Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by Lacelady
I promised to post some pics of my old Seidel & Naumann before I attempt to clean it up, so here goes: It has a model number of 339 on it, but I can't find a serial number anywhere.

Even if I can't get it going, I still think it has scope to look prettier than it does at the moment.
I like your machine. Thanks for posting your photos. Did you find the hand cleaner you needed?

:D
Thanks Linda, I bought some Swarfega, which is the main grease removing cleaner here, and there is no mentionn of any pumice in the ingredients, so I'm going to give it a go in an inconspicuous place. I tried to find info on the cleaner via the manufacturers, but they have just been sold/taken over, so there isn't anything happening with their website.

My White (ver pale green/celery) FW arrived this morning!!! Thankfully, no apparent damage. There is a small chip on the head of the machine, and that is the only one other than a few small ones on the motor, which I understand happens quite often. I have one tiny concern, in the attachments box there were two pieces of a broken black plastic ring. I can't see where it might have gone, it might not have anything to do with the machine. Does anyone have any ideas please? I love it that the machine came with its LIFETIME guarantee (apart from the motor, that is, which was one year), so perhaps I can get a new, free black plastic ring? LOL.

It stitches fine, after a little tension adjustment, but slowly compared to anything else I have ever tried. Does this seem normal, or would some oiling improve that? I do intend to oil it anyway, but wondered if I need to get Singer oil, or would my Bernina oil do? Many thanks, sorry for so many questions.

Straight out of the box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87222[/ATTACH]

The broken plastic ring
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87223[/ATTACH]

Even the packing slip was included
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87224[/ATTACH]

Next to my older Bernina, for comparison on size!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87225[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87217.jpe   attachment-87218.jpe   attachment-87219.jpe   attachment-87220.jpe