Old 06-17-2010, 06:00 AM
gail-r

Ok, he survived the first full day with me taking care of him. And his blood sugars were better than they have been, he was low enough at lunch time that he didn't need to have any insulin until dinner. He was so cute last night, I told him that if his readings were below 200 all day that he could have 4 oreo cookies for a bedtime snack. He was so excited to get his oreo's that he was really good all day about eating only what I gave him. So, we made a deal, if his sugars are good then he can have his cookies and milk for a bedtime snack. I'm hoping this will give him the incentive to be good about what he eats. I'm feeling better today knowing that I didn't kill him the first day. I'm going to get a good carb & calorie book today, yesterday I made an excel spreadsheet to keep track of what he eats and his medicine. I'm hoping that will help me know if his sugar levels spike or drop a lot what it was that caused it, if it was food.

Thanks everyone for you help, kind words of encouragement and advice. I think I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful friends on this board. It isn't just a "quilting board" it is more of a "BFF board". I wish we were all neighbors!!

Hugs and much love to all of you.
Gail