Old 06-17-2010, 06:20 AM
kapatt

Originally Posted by craftybear
When you buy fabric how much do you buy?

I was wondering this as when you buy fabric do you have a specific project in mind (of course you buy what calls for on the pattern)

or do you just buy the fabric, because you like it and will use in sometime in the future for projects???

I have been surfing the internet to find answers about this, so I thought I would ask here on the board for our members to answer.

Craftybear
I use to only buy for planned projects but because I didn't always get to my planned projects (life happens) I have built up a very good stash. Lately I've been refolding my material using foam boards and sorting my stash by colors. In doing that, I found that I don't have that many yellows. I was surprised at all of the green (I must really like green) but I wasn't surprised at my blues and reds. I decided to expand my stash with yellow and decided the 3 yards is about what I'm going to buy, when I'm not buying for a planned project. I picked 3 yards because that should give me enough material for whatever project I decide to use it on without having to go back to the store and trying to match the material. (I usually don't make scrap quilts so I need to have the material match.)

I don't buy fat quarters. I would rather buy from the bolt.