Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Some days just bring the unexpected!

Today was one of those days. Jennifer Garant, one of the designers of a couple of fabrics we carry in our store, called us to ask for our feedback on her fabrics, and to inquire as to whether there were any fabrics out there that we were having a hard time finding. (Imagine that, she called little old us!)

Anyways... she has a line of "fat chef" fabrics that she will be designing for Timeless Treasures (I don't have an ETA for that group). I had told her that I was very excited about that group, because people had been asking for chef fabric for several years, and there was nothing on the market. So she asked if there was anything ELSE that we were looking for.

At which point, I thought that I would bring her question to the forum. I've often *wished* that someone would ask me what fabrics to design... and this is exciting, so I'm sharing the opportunity with you all.

I suggested that people often like to make gift quilts, that bring to mind a certain occupation or relationship... and that a line of fabrics based on "sisterhood" or "girlfriends" might be nice.

And now... let's open this up to comments from all of you! Chime in! Tell Jennifer what you'd like to see on fabric!

Here is a link to her website, so you can see the types of artwork she's done in the past.

http://www.jennifergarant.com/

Designing for fabric is new for Jennifer, and she says she's enjoying it thus far.

Let the suggestions begin!