Old 06-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Thank you Linda - it wasn't packed anything like the suggestions I have seen here, so I took photos as I undid everything, in case it was damaged. Cricket has said that my Bernina machine oil will be OK, so I'll oil it everywhere the hand book says, slacken off the belt a little, and see if it goes a little quicker. I'm not really bothered, as I have quicker machines, I just wasn't sure about this one, as I have never seen one working.
With the belt too tight the machine will indeed sew slower. Loosen it up a tad and see how she runs, it needs to be tight enough to not slip but loose enough to not burn the motor up.

Billy

Billy
Thanks Billy, I will try that next. I have spent the afternoon cleaning up my old Seidel & Naumann according to your tute (well, partially.) I wasn't brave enough to take it all apart, as it's a hand crank, and I couldn't loosen some of the screws in spite of judicious use of WD 40, but the Swarfega I got has really shined up the body. Sadly, most of the decals had already lost their gold - there is just a ghost image of them left. I know that new ones are available for FWs, wouldn't it be nice if they were universally available for all machines?