View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
MAXIES2

I am having such a terrible time with Husqvarna at the moment I just want to let off some steam.
I bought a Saphire 870 in Sept 08. it was expensive and I did a lot of research including asking other members of this group what they thought of it. I was delighted with it and did a lot of sewing on it till the end of April this year when it would only sew in reverse. I rang the shop where I bought it and she asked me to take it in so she could check it was not something easily rectified, some hope. Well she sent it away to be repaired somewhere in the midlands, I live in England by the way, and that was the last I saw of it. After numerous phone calls, I dont blame the shop, I was promised a new machine, an 875 model as they no longer do the 870 by the importers, this was to arrive within 3 to 5 days, well their time is up I again rang today to be told they dont know when it will arrive. I have been told Husqvarna have moved there outfit lock stock and barrel from one country to another and this is the cause of the problem. The motto on the sewing machine box said Husqvarna keeping the world sewing, what a laugh. If I could find the address of the managing director he will be getting a stinking letter. On the bright side I am in the fortunate position to buy another machine as I was getting rather down about this I do have a couple of old machines but well they are not the same so I bought the new Janome Horizon and its a beauty.
I intend to tell everyone who will listen about Husqvarna, its not just machines one cant get hold of but I have had the extension table on order for two months too fortunately the Janome comes with one.
Katherine