View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 12:41 PM
bstanbro

I'm currently working on my first block of my first Block of the Month. The project is called "Home is Where the Heart Is." I'm hoping it will look good hanging in the entryway of my home, where there currently hangs a metal sculpture that has been hanging somewhere in our home for over 30 years. I think it's time for a change. Don't you?

Anyway . . . I've never participated in a block of the month before, but for some reason I recently felt compelled to sign up for three of them. One has something to do with cats, and I can't remember what the other one is. I haven't received anything on that one yet.

But I've finished the first block of this one. "Home is Where the Heart Is" is a quilt where all the blocks represent a month out of the year. This one is "January." It's a 13-month BOM with the borders and completion instructions being the last month.

My husband and I may take a several-months-long trip later this year, and I'm not sure what to do with the BOM's that will be arriving while we're gone. Does anybody know if you can suspend shipment? Maybe they'll just have to pile up until I get home.

Okay, all of that to say: Here is the first block of my first ever BOM--January.

I still need to blanket stitch around all the pieces, but they are fused into place.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87478[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87473.jpe