Old 06-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Darcene
Oh Billllliiiiieeee?????? Where do I start with this? It is the controller and wiring for one of the 15-91s....the foot pedal is dirty but intact, the wiring on the other hand is shot.....how much of this can be fixed or should I look for a whole new controller with wiring?
That controller is a piece of cake to rewire. I just finished rewiring one like it the other day. You need to find an electrical supply place to get the right color wire (black) or go to Lowes and just get some there. Its 16/2 lamp cord make sure it is 16/2 lamp cord not 18/2.

Then find some #8 blue crimp on electrical ends and the crimping tool to put them on with and your ready to fix the pedal.

Unscrew the bottom of the controller (4 screws in the rubber feet) and while its upside down take a screw driver and separate the top and bottom away from each other. Take the old cord off and crimp the ends onto the wires and connect them to where the old ones were then cut the cord to length crimp the two ends on the other end and hook it back to where they came from.

If you need photos or better descriptions then PM me and I will walk you through it. Better yet I will do a tute on that one.

Billy