View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Joanie2

Originally Posted by sandyl
I don't know if this is the real name of the pattern I want or not. It has grapes in the middle of the runner, with wine cork fabric borders. The sashing is black with white wine glasses. I don't want to spend $85 for a table runner that I can easily make myself. And perhaps I just need to find the fabric and wing it! I think the runner was 16 x 36".

When I questioned the clerk,she said they used to have the pattern and the fabric but it didn't sell so they don't have it anymore. Wonder if she thought I'd buy the runner already made.

Help me if you can, please.
Sandy
Sandy, I made this quilt several years ago called Aspen Falling. Basically it's a bargello quilt that had Aspen Leaves appliqued on top of it. Well I made the bargello part but haven't gotten around to the applique part. My intention is to add grapes and wine bottles in black. The photo isn't the best because it's laying across my bed. Maybe you can adapt something and do your own original look. If you'd like I'd be happy to send you the bottle & grapes patterns. Good luck.

The bargello portion only
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87554[/ATTACH]

what it will look like eventually
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87555[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87549.jpe   attachment-87550.jpe