View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 PM
nursie76

It makes me furious also. Last year, just before we were to leave for NZ, our dog treed a cat. I brought him in and hope she would go home. Well it turned out she had taken up residence in our shed. She did the same meow, hiss, meow, hiss, and looked half starved. I did not want another cat, but DH said, you can't let her starve (I would have caved soon anyway) so I would take food out and when I went in she would eat, eventually she let me touch her briefly...well long story short, it turned out she was pregnant and had 4 kittens. I actually lost sleep worrying about what to do with them when we left for NZ as it was getting cold at night here in PA. A sweet lady at church that has a farm and a little girl who loves cats, took the kittens, we had the mamma vetted and boarded her until we came home. We had her spayed and she is now a very spoiled house cat, a calico and named Patches. We also had 4 dogs at one time 2 dumped and 2 shelter animals. All my animals are spayed and or neutered, and very loved. Can't understand how people can dump animals like that, I understand there are pets that wander off, but we live in a rural area, and animals are dumped frequently.

Bless all of you who have helped abandoned animals in any way.