View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 09:14 PM
hazeljane

Our latest foster is an old old dog- the vet thinks about 14 years old. He has no fur on his back, and hemangiosarcomas (cancer spots) that have to be taken off. He was clearly a loved pet at one time. He's a total sweetheart. And he was found dumped way out in the country in MO.

Doing rescue, it would just shock you the things people do to animals. I think that perhaps his people died or went to a nursing home and someone just thought he would wander into a better place????

He lost 16 teeth last week at his dental, because his mouth was a total mess, and will have the cancers taken off next week. And he has already found a home with the young couple that sometimes fosters for us. His name is Ichabod and the last years of his life will be safe and happy.

Last year, I got a mother and dad and a litter of three pups less than 5 weeks old- dumped about a mile from the shelter, because it was closed. WTF?

I keep saying that I'm going to take a break from rescue, but unfortunately, there is no shortage of animals to save.