View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Cuilteanna

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
But it is kind of depressing when you want to do something and just can't make yourself.
I suggested to my dh that an 8 series machine might motivate me to start sewing again... he just rolled his eyes.

We don't have ANY quilt shops, never mind clubs, and the one group I found that was friendly is nearly an hour's drive from home (depending on traffic). Since I spent $84 yesterday to fill the car from 1/4 tank to full I'd rather not drive that far unless I really must.

I even have a project sitting on my sewing table, but the most I can do is one or two seams and then I lose interest and wander away to the television or computer. I don't know why I feel like a new machine would make the slightest bit of difference to that. I suppose even at one seam per day, I might finish a simple block in a week.

About matching seams? One of my blocks was slightly off and I was NOT in the mood to unstitch it again. Out came a metal ruler and a fabric marker to match the offending piece. It now looks perfect unless you get really close!!

End of venting -- anyway, you're not alone!