View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 03:46 AM
momymom

I have 2 rescued animals. My cat Trouble showed up on our door step 12 years ago. Her neck scarred from who knows what. She's terrifyed of trash bags and beer. Dumped in one?? we'll never know. She's lived up to her name, but she's so sweet and loving. She now has cancer, but she's safe and cared for, and will be for the rest of her life.
Our dog Gadget was found at the drs. office. We watched him sneak in 3 times while we waited our turn. He was sitting out side when we left. We scooped him up and took him home. He's been my youngest DD's best friend for 3 years. He has a painfull shortened leg. Sometime as a puppy, his leg was broken,and not treated. It damaged the growth plate. Now he has a herniated disk in his back. He's such a sweet little guy, and some one threw him away. Despite their expensive health problems, we take care of them, do with out so they have vet care, and love them while they are with us. I get so mad when people neglect or abuse animals. They should suffer whe neglect/abuse they dish out. I have trapped abandened animals many times. Animal Controll knew me by site. I would drive the animals to the shelter myself so I wouldn't have to wait for AC to get to me. My area at the time was a popular dumping ground.