Thread: Juki TL98Q
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 08:59 AM
gail-r

I only bought the right compensating foot since I generally use my Juki for quilt piecing and free motion quilting. The 1/4 compensating foot that came with your machine will give you a full 1/4 seam causing most of your blocks to come out too small, but with the 3/16th foot your blocks will be closer to the right size. It is the same as the one that came with your machine, just gives you a smaller seam. The left foot is for seaming on the left left side of your fabric instead of the right like most of us use. I love my Juki also, it is such a workhorse!! I also made one of those cheap quilting tables for my Juki and I love it also. Then I thought I was miss handywomen so I made me a new ironing station out of an old computer desk I bought at the thrift store. Table was $15. and about another 15 for batting and canvas duck fabric. I also put leftover batting on the little pullout try that holds the keyboard and then covered it with the 1" grid pellon. I use that if I need to stretch a quilt block, boy does that come in handy. I just wet the block and can stretch to the size I need and the grid takes all of the guess work out of it. I can post pictures if you are interested. BTW, not including the tables, the quilt table cost about $30.00 for a 4'x5' table.

Hugs, Gail

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
Gail-r, I have a Juki 98Q also and absolutely love it. I have never heard of the 3/16" compensating foot so I went to e-bay as you suggested and they had a left and a right compensating foot. Do I need both? What exactly do they do?