Thread: NECCHI SERGER
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Pzazz

Originally Posted by lab fairy
Is it all mechanical or electronic? 3/4 thread or more? Does it have differential feed?) I love my serger (I have a totally mechanical 3/4 thread w/ differential feed from Pfaff that is not available anymore. Although it is louder than some of the newer ones, I would not trade it for anything but then I don't do anything fancy with a serger and really have no plans to.) Necchi has made some really good mechanical machines in the past (I regret selling a really basic one I had) but I think it really comes down to "price, purpose, where does it get to go for maintenance/repair"? Sometimes what looks like a great deal really is, but try it out if you can. Get some lycra, interlock, even woven fabrics, to test. A lot of people think sergers are supposed to be like a sewing machine and they aren't. Don't expect it to sew sharp/tight curves easily, etc. And circles are very different as well.
Excellent advice. This is my boss that is looking. If she does decide to go look at it, I think I will offer to go with her. I have lots of fabric variety to take to "test drive" it with.

Patti