Old 06-18-2010, 05:22 PM
grandme26

My first sewing machine about 45 yrs ago was a Pfaff with the straight stitch and a simple zigzag. I still have it and I am sure it would still run beautiful if I took it in. I also had a Sears sensor100, it had 100 zigzag and decorative stitches. This was about 30 yrs ago, it ran well for a couple of years and then I had to have it worked on about every couple of months. It liked to run on its own and I was trying to make DD#2's wedding dress and all the other dresses for the wedding. Got the dresses done but was looking for a new machine. 13 yrs ago I bought a Bernina1530 but have just recently started using it. Broke my hip and leg and ended up having many surgeries on the leg. Had it cleaned up and adjusted and it is a dream. Did buy a walking foot, expensive, but I would not use any other machine. My friend who I quilt with also has a Bernina and loves her's. What ever machine you decide on try to use it before you buy it If that is not possible, make sure they have a return policy.