View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 09:43 PM
zyxquilts

Hi Catherine! I get in that "no-sew" zone sometimes too. Was actually in one since my roadtrip last month, until tonight! Last week I read about "Project Hokie Hope" (http://blog.myspace.com/hokie_hope), and since I know a Virginia Tech alumnus, I thought that I would like to make a block to send, but just couldn't get there. But tonight, I went to my quilt class, and actually drafted a block and made TWO of them! WOOHOOOO!!! I'm not sure if it was doing something to give away or what, but I'm just glad to be able to work again.
I also sometimes do something similar to what Patrice said - I have a "Pity Pot" timer. Set it for an hour a week (or whatever) & hit the button whenever I need to feel sorry for myself, stop it when I'm done. If it runs out before the week's over, oh well, no more Pity Pot sitting 'til next week! Usually I don't need the whole amount of time either. It's just the thought that I can allow myself the time to do it maybe. Who knows? Not me! lol
I also believe that we need to watch those chick flicks that make us cry too. Nothing like chocolate & a good cry when you need one - and if you're watching one of those movies, you don't have to hide in the shower either. :wink:
In any case, try to relax a bit, take it easy on yourself. When you're ready, all those things will practically finish themselves I bet. :-)
And in the meantime, feel free to vent to us, that's what we're here for!

((((((Catherine))))))

sue