View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 02:49 AM
watterstide

Originally Posted by kay carlson
Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
Here's what I don't get about Bonnie's technique of using another patch for leaders and enders: won't you just have the same problem with that patch that you would have with your current piecing without a leader? It doesn't make sense to me, so I have never used them.
The ender is left on the machine throat plate beneath the sewing foot and automatically becomes the leader when you begin to sew again. If you always use your scrap project as leader/ender, you are actually sewing on two projects each time you use your machine.

If your scrap pile consists of simple blocks, just toss what you have sewn into a separate basket and your completed sections will build up gradually. I like to chain piece so this is right up my alley. :-)

You explained it well! i chain piece also. I have a small plastic basket off to the side with 2" inch pieces. when i finish a quilt and scraps leftover, i continue cutting them down to 2". then i put then right sides together while watching tv. they are all ready to go.
it is really important that use a leader of some sort when sewing angles! (or if your machine has the single hole plate,use it, mine does,but i rarely put it on :roll: )