Old 06-19-2010, 06:14 AM
no1jan

I am glad the date has been changed to July 30th. This gives everyone a chance to get their blocks in. I know the cutoff for mailing was June 15th, but I still would hate to have someone miss outdue to illness, weddings, graduations, or other situations.

I just did a small spreadsheet to find out the states/countries that have been received. There are still 2 people who have mailed their blocks the end of May and they still haven't been received. One is from Europe, the other unknown.

The missing states according to my calcs (I may have missed one or two) are: AL, DE, DC, ID, IA, MD, NJ, NM, RI, VT, WI, and WY. That is of course not counting the people who did not place their location on their profile, which there are at least 17 that have been received.

The people who are actually doing the swap are NOT mailing the blocks. They intend on handing them to NorBanaquilts so there is no problem with mail delivery. The date was changed not only due to mailing and allowing others to finish, but because of the schedules of the helpers. They know who they are!

I wish to thank NorBanaquilts for starting this swap and keeping it organized. It is very difficult when the people involved are around the world.

I look forward to receiving as many blocks as I can. This is a fabulous swap. What a memory we will have when it is all finished.

I also would like to thank all who have participated and can't wait to see the finished quilts with the different placement of the blocks.