View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 06:35 AM
mpspeedy

I am lucky to live in reasonable driving distance of the Amish/Mennonite community in eastern PA. There is a store and it's partner called Sauder's who holds at least two huge sales every year. They offer whole bolts of fabric for as little as $1.99 a yard. You have to purchase the whole bolt. The bolts range from as little as 5 yrd to up to at least 15. They have everything from batiks to top of the line fabric collections. The rest of the store has great prices on so called remnents. Most of those pieces are at least three yards or more. You have to purchase all of the piece but most of them are not more than $2 a yard. Then they have all of the national lines, Moda, Kaufman etc. etc. The sale draws busloads. They also carry all the notions at great prices, batting, thread, rulers, etc. etc. As a bonus they also sell bulk food items like flours, nuts, spices, noodles, snacks like pretzels, candy and candy makiing supplies and the list goes on. This trip I spent a little over $40 and will probably get eight or nine Linus quilts out of that fabric. I have several bolts I purchased on a former trip that I have yet to open. They even offer huge rolls of batting as well as packages single batts.