Old 06-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Lisanne

Originally Posted by Honey
I agree, I don't like people making decisions for me. If there is a thread that I don't like, I simply don't read it. But I detest people who do things supposedly for my good. I'll make my own judgement calls, thank you.
When the moderators decide to delete a thread on the board, it's not for YOUR good, it's for the good of the group, or if you like, the good of the Board. The Board would not be able to continue if flaming and hate became the norm. The group would disintegrate if people's feelings were continually being hurt.

I've had some of my posts and threads deleted in the past, not because I was saying anything wrong, but because others took things in a bad direction. Sometimes nothing was wrong, but the topic was deemed to have the potential for becoming too hot to handle. (Health insurance is one example of such a thread topic.)

I'm not happy when I see something of mine deleted, or even someone else's thread that I was following with interest, but them's the rules.

I suppose anyone could start another quilter's forum elsewhere on the web and make their own rules, if they can't live with these.