View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 01:47 PM
BKrenning

All I can add is if you think RA is linty--Don't buy Coats & Clark or Star. Up until a few months ago, I had been using Coats & Clark but had to take the machine in for service. I knew it was linty but I just dealt with it. Well, I didn't deal with it soon enough and it pulled a lint ball up into the tension assembly. Not a problem on a mechanical machine where it just pops off. Big problem on a computerized machine so it had to go to the hospital for 2 weeks! And, that cheap thread cost me $80 in repair bills.

I had used Sulky Blendables with wonderful results but it was a gift. It caused sticker shock when I went to buy more so I just kept fighting with the C&C until the repair bill. Now I've got some King Tut which everyone just raves about and I bought some Sulky. Both were on sale at Joanns.com with reduced shipping last week.

I plan to get my hands on some of the Essentials Threads of Connecting Threads and ThreadArt brands. It is my new mission to find out which threads my Voyager likes/doesn't like and give my poor Elna a break from all the lint. I'm even changing the multi-purpose general sewing thread to something less linty for the poor baby.