Thread: Workshops
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Maride

When money was not an issue I attended the Ricky Tims Super Seminar, also with Alex Anderson and Libby Lehman. Nothing else I have seen compares to that. There is no carrying sewing machines and fuzzing around with fabric selection, No one is lost because they missed the next step while they were left behind, and no wasted time waiting for someone slower to catch up. He teaches you a technique, not a project. Many classes are just a bunch of people, everyone working on the same project, but no particular techniques being taught. In the seminar they have one sewing machine on the stage, with cameras on it. You get instruction with projected images and you see from the hands of the expert how it is done. There are no particular projects done, just tons and tons of techniques that you apply later, at your own pace. No need either to write everything down, because at the start you are given a syllabus that has written everything you will need, except for the jokes. It is extremely educational and entertaining. May sound a little overwhelming at first, but because is all there written for you, the reference is right there for you. Is 3 days, but worth the $$. After the second day you get to enjoy an evening of Ricky's music and great story telling. Again...after that, nothing else can compare. (In my opinion).